Administrative Assistant position
The Hampton Bays Library seeks applicants for a Part-time Administrative Assistant. This employee reports directly to the Library Director and is responsible for all support activities for the Director by assisting with administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Performing clerical duties, including filing, correspondence and other communications.
- Maintaining the Director’s calendar—meetings and appointments.
- Maintaining statistics and producing reports for the Director or the Board on a monthly basis and as needed.
- Taking minutes at staff meetings.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinating the Annual Staff Appreciation Dinner.
- Maintaining records of memorial donations and gifts.
- Assist with the management of employee time off using excel spread sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in a public library setting or related field preferred.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Ability to proof read documents and spreadsheets for accuracy
- Working knowledge of office equipment including printers, scanners, fax and copiers.
- Familiarity with using the internet and Social Media.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to keep a variety of records and submit reports.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, make quick decisions and perform well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information handled.
- Physical condition equal to the demands of the position.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- NY sick leave as accrued
Please send letter of application and resume to the Library Director