“There’s no harm in hoping for the best as long as you’re prepared for the worst.” — Stephen King
The Hampton Bays Public Library is here for when you have questions on how to protect yourself and your family in the case of an emergency. Please make use of the below local and national resources available to you.
- American Red Cross Hurricane Preparedness
- CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Services: Disaster Info and Assistance
- National Hurricane Center and Hurricane Preparedness
New York Resources:
- New York Emergency Alerts
- New York State Citizen Preparedness Corps
- New York State Preparedness Kits
- Southampton Alert Center
- Suffolk County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Services
- Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management
If you do not see what you are looking for here, please do not hesstate to call the Reference department, 631-728-6241 x110, or stop in at the Adult Reference Desk during your next visit and we will be glad to assist you.